Job Description: The Business Development Specialist (BDS) is a sales role responsible for setting appointments with qualified prospects to be distributed to the sales team. This is a full-time, base plus commission position. As a member of the Freedom team, they will enhance sales process and strategies while consistently leading the team and positively impacting those around them.
Career Path: Business Development Specialist can look for growth opportunities in the Sales, Business Development, and Lead Generation Departments. Possible roles include Business Development Manager, Lead Generation Manager, Director of Business Development or Lead Generation, Energy Advisor, and Senior Energy Advisor I-III.
- Provide qualified leads and schedule confirmed appointments with decision makers for the sales team.
- Make 60-75 calls per day to prospective clients to build pipeline of prospects.
- Schedule 5-10 meetings per week.
- Sort and organize sales accounts, and track leads on CRM system.
- Own operational procedures and utilize best practices in support of all lead generation tools and campaign initiatives.
- Generate leads using database tools and marketing techniques and make calls to identified targets.
- Engage and interact with new prospective and senior level decision makers to identify new and emerging business opportunities.
- Work closely with Lead Generation team to create highly targeted lists in support of achieving goals.
- Identify key decision-making targets and qualify opportunities for selling services to generate business and increase profitability.
- Embrace the benefits of our products and services, and speak positively and enthusiastically to promote them.
- Provide management with various reports on campaigns.
- Enjoy working with a great team!
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, comfortable with Excel & computers
- Previous track record of success to include over achievement of quota/goals
- Previous experience cold calling/telemarketing and lead development
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a pipeline of prospects to execute on sales strategy
- Experience selling a solution and not just a product
- Extreme attention to details a must
- 100% honesty and integrity
- Entrepreneurial & self-motivated
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Must enjoy working within a high energy team environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance, and be able to drive to clients if appropriate
- Bachelors or Associates Degree
- Direct experience in Energy
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Salesforce
- Experience with and/or knowledge of Pardot and ZoomInfo
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder within this job. Note that this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Freedom Energy Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
FREEDOM ENERGY LOGISTICS IS THE PREMIER LANDING DESTINATION FOR ENERGY PROFESSIONALS
As a leading energy advisory, Freedom Energy is expanding cross-country and we are hiring exceptional team members. Whether you are a recent graduate or an energy industry expert, Freedom offers the premier landing destination for your energy career.
Our company culture is one of trust and comradery. Freedom’s team-oriented, open-door environment is comprised of passionate, resourceful people supporting one another in pursuit of excellence. Our team takes pride in providing innovative, knowledge-based solutions and delivering exceptional client satisfaction. With a focus on mentoring, training, and thought leadership, we support employee success and career advancement.
The company philosophy is one of work-life balance where we invest in our employees. We enrich careers while we enhance our team’s collective expertise in the increasingly complex energy industry, and we ensure our technical team can deliver comprehensive energy solutions to support our customers’ requirements. We deliver best-in-class customer service and satisfaction and add value at every level of our partnerships.
Founded in 2006, Freedom Energy is a private company that offers comprehensive energy supply management and renewable energy solutions supporting energy goals and sustainability objectives for businesses and organizations throughout the U.S. Our team of energy experts has worked with and delivered energy saving, environmentally responsible solutions for some of the largest commercial and industrial companies, municipalities, universities, healthcare facilities, and businesses. Headquartered in Auburn, NH, we also have energy advisors serving customers locally throughout the regions.
As a socially responsible and ethical company, we are committed to advocating for our employees, clients, the community, and the environment. We also support a variety of philanthropic endeavors and community initiatives.
Connect With Us