The Key Accounts Manager will work with assigned accounts focused on analyzing, contacting, negotiating, and closing new and existing business to exceed sales targets. They will execute against sales goals, including accurate forecasting and revenue attainment. This role generally includes attention to detail, identifying customer needs/challenges, delivering solution presentations to clients, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, and closing business in a timely manner. Additionally, this role will bring to management any additional resources needed to adequately serve the existing portfolio and offer a comprehensive product to clients. The Key Accounts Manager will work closely with Operations Business Development, Marketing, and Sales Departments, they will report to the person directly above them in the company organization chart.
Career Path: The Key Accounts Manager can look for growth in the Sales, Business Development, and Operations Departments.
- Maintain and enhance all assigned key accounts.
- Exhibit expert customer service skills in all matters of client relations including administrative, contracting, and support duties.
- Accountable for driving revenue growth to meet or exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics focused on market expansion and penetration.
- Maintain a high rate of retention on all accounts.
- Strategize with management on how to effectively grow the current book using upsell/cross-sell and referral partners.
- Lead the existing account planning process effectively and create or find the resources needed to renew and grow accounts efficiently.
- Effectively collaborate with Operations, Sales, Business Development, and Marketing teams to establish and drive account program development and growth.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of industry trends, business processes, financial measurements, performance indicators, and key competitors.
- Understand the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leverage this knowledge to hone sales strategies.
- Monitor performance-to-plan throughout the fiscal year and adjust direction, focus, and sales initiatives as needed to ensure key metrics and strategic initiatives are maintained and accomplished.
- Must be comfortable with a complex matrix management environment and be willing to operate flexibly across a large and often diverse geography and client base.
- Other job-related assignments as required.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience, with at least 1 year of experience in face-to-face selling of complex solutions.
- Demonstrated success in closing deals.
- Demonstrated success in the energy industry.
- Proven ability to uncover needs and buying processes.
- Skilled in consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the client’s needs, challenges, and goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications required (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in a Customer Resource Management platform required.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Sales management experience preferred.
- Salesforce experience preferred.
- Strong networking skills and strategy experience preferred.
Work Environment: While performing the job responsibilities, these work environment characteristics represent the environment the job holder will encounter. Therefore, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder within this job. Note that this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Freedom Energy Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Connect With Us