The Municipal Program Director, Eastern Region is a leadership position responsible for growing and expanding Freedom Energy’s Municipal Program throughout their assigned regions. The Director will be responsible for recruiting and managing a specialized, high-performing sales team comprised of Municipal Energy Advisors. Leading by example and holding the team accountable, the Director will embrace best practices and policies for procurement and renewable energy solutions, while achieving our clients’ energy goals and sustainability objectives. Leveraging industry knowledge, expertise, and teamwork, the team is expected to attain business objectives, market expansion goals, and revenue growth targets. The Municipal Program Director- Eastern Region will report to the person directly above them in the company organization chart, currently the CEO.
Career Path: As Freedom Energy’s Municipal Program continues to expand and thrive, the Municipal Program Director- Eastern Region will have the opportunity for career growth in positions such as National Municipal Program Director and Municipal Program Vice President.
- Lead the team and drive the expansion of Freedom Energy’s Municipal Program through team development, innovative products and service offerings, and acquisition of municipal clients to increase revenue and meet or exceed business goals while achieving client objectives.
- Collaborate with company leadership to address strategy and adopt effective marketing initiatives ensuring business success through team participation.
- Function as Freedom Energy’s procurement and renewable energy solutions expert for the municipal industry.
- As an industry thought leader, contribute articles, support webinars, participate in speaking opportunities, events, and other forms of media to educate clients and the community, and to mentor team members,
- Understand and maintain awareness of market dynamics, legislation, competitors, and municipal client requirements.
- Develop and implement approved offerings, strategies and initiatives to increase municipal account penetration and retention.
- Collaborate with company leaders to align sales strategies and goals, surveys, product and service offerings, and solutions for current and prospective clients.
- Develop and implement comprehensive account plans (sales, marketing, and service programs/strategies) to achieve annual sales goals and profit objectives.
- Participate in meetings (as needed) with key municipal decision-makers and Federal, state, and local agencies to support Freedom Energy’s position and continuously add value for our clients.
- Meet with Freedom Energy’s Department Heads of Pricing, Renewables, Marketing, and Operations to support ongoing development for new, extension, and retention opportunities.
- Establish best practices for the overall Municipal Program.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures and hold municipal team members accountable to the standards while meeting or exceeding performance goals.
- Proactively contribute and collaborate with team members for continuous improvement, providing input on products and services, innovation, opportunities, marketing strategies, and sales enhancements.
- Meet regularly and continually mentor Municipal Team members.
- Provide expertise to engage prospects, identify needs, educate, and guide clients to a solution that achieves their objectives.
- Attend and participate in council and/or board meetings, as necessary.
- Meet with the Operations Team, as appropriate, to resolve any assigned accounts/territory issues and for customer service support requirements.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field; or equivalent combination of sales experience and training.
- Previous success in the development and growth of a sales program and team; including overachievement of quota.
- Minimum of 10 years of quota-carrying sales/business experience with at least 5 years of demonstrated experience implementing solutions and providing customer-facing consulting services.
- High degree of business acumen with a focus on business development.
- Experience in energy and/or governmental sales is highly preferred.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work across departments to ensure the success and growth of the Municipal Program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate a team.
- Strong customer service skills; history of dealing with clients in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Expertise in developing and implementing strategic initiatives, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and internal controls to achieve targets.
- Maintain a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance to travel as required for company purposes.
- Proficient using Salesforce.
Work Environment: While performing the job responsibilities, these work environment characteristics represent the environment the job holder will encounter. Therefore, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder within this job. Note that this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Freedom Energy Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Connect With Us