Job Description: The Sales Intern will be a member of the sales team. Primary responsibilities include consistently pursuing and qualifying new prospects and setting appointments for Energy Advisors and program managers from targeted campaigns and initiatives. This position will work closely with sales management while positively impacting those around them. The Sales Intern will report directly to the person above them in the company organization chart, currently the Team Lead. This is a seasonal part-time hourly position.
Career Path: Permanent placement post-graduation as an Energy Advisor or Business Development Specialist.
- Qualify leads and schedules confirmed appointments
- Make 45-60 calls per day to prospective clients to gather campaign-based information
- Schedule 2-3 meetings per week (pro-rated to part-time schedule)
- Generate leads using database tools and marketing techniques, make calls to identified targets, and track leads in CRM
- Mine data and manipulate data sets to create highly targeted lists in support of achieving goals
- Identify key decision-making targets and qualify opportunities for selling services to generate business and increase profitability
- Embrace the benefits of our products and services, and speak positively and enthusiastically to promote them
- Perform secondary research on prospective company profiles to ensure that they meet objectives
- Provide management with various reports on campaigns
- Enjoy working with a great team!
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Computer savvy, proficient with Microsoft Office, and comfortable using Excel
- Responsible and personable with a strong detail-focus and aptitude for sales
- Focused attention to details
- 100% honesty and integrity
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Enjoy working within a high-energy team environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance, and be able to drive to client sites
- Undergraduate student considering a future in sales or business development
- Passion for the Energy and/or Renewable Industry a plus!
- Soon to be College Senior or Recent Graduate a plus
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder within this job. Note that this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Freedom Energy Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
FREEDOM ENERGY LOGISTICS IS THE PREMIER LANDING DESTINATION FOR ENERGY PROFESSIONALS
As a leading energy advisory, Freedom Energy is expanding cross-country and we are hiring exceptional team members. Whether you are a recent graduate or an energy industry expert, Freedom offers the premier landing destination for your energy career.
Our company culture is one of trust and comradery. Freedom’s team-oriented, open-door environment is comprised of passionate, resourceful people supporting one another in pursuit of excellence. Our team takes pride in providing innovative, knowledge-based solutions and delivering exceptional client satisfaction. With a focus on mentoring, training, and thought leadership, we support employee success and career advancement.
The company philosophy is one of work-life balance where we invest in our employees. We enrich careers while we enhance our team’s collective expertise in the increasingly complex energy industry, and we ensure our technical team can deliver comprehensive energy solutions to support our customers’ requirements. We deliver best-in-class customer service and satisfaction and add value at every level of our partnerships.
Founded in 2006, Freedom Energy is a private company that offers comprehensive energy supply management and renewable energy solutions supporting energy goals and sustainability objectives for businesses and organizations throughout the U.S. Our team of energy experts has worked with and delivered energy saving, environmentally responsible solutions for some of the largest commercial and industrial companies, municipalities, universities, healthcare facilities, and businesses. Headquartered in Auburn, NH, we also have energy advisors serving customers locally throughout the regions.
As a socially responsible and ethical company, we are committed to advocating for our employees, clients, the community, and the environment. We also support a variety of philanthropic endeavors and community initiatives.
Connect With Us