What is Sustainability
Sustainability refers to doing business without negatively impacting the environment, community or society. Corporate sustainability solutions from Freedom Energy embrace achieving goals while positively impacting the environmental, social and governance (ESG) environment and helping to mitigate climate change. Businesses and organizations across all industries have elevated their focus on sustainability as part of their overall business practices and corporate responsibility. While each may be at a different stage of engagement, just about all are integrating some level of sustainability commitment into their business strategy.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
As a socially responsible and ethical company, Freedom Energy is committed to advocating for those impacted by our business operations, from clients and employees to the environment. At Freedom Energy, our social responsibility commitment is evident in our organization’s mission, values, strategy and initiatives.
Sustainable practices support ecological, human and economic initiatives without compromising future environmental care and social well-being. Our sustainable energy solutions for businesses reduce operations that negatively impact the environment, community or our society and positively contribute to the environmental, social and governance framework.
- Environment: Freedom Energy implements innovative and environmentally sustainable business practices for our clients. We are working to reduce and minimize the environmental impact, reduce emissions, utilize natural resources and optimize energy and efficiency to support our client’s goals. Freedom Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy supply management and renewable energy solutions custom-tailored to help each client’s unique energy requirements, bottom-line objectives, risk tolerance and sustainability goals.
- Ethical: As a responsible business, Freedom Energy adheres to rules and regulations, embraces ethical standards and contract transparency, and is committed to fair business and labor practices.
- Economic responsibility: Freedom Energy is a fiscally responsible energy and renewables business.
Supporting Our Clients’ Sustainability Goals
We understand that each client may be at a different stage when exploring ways to embrace sustainability measures. Our team works with clients to understand, identify and develop sustainability goals and objectives and provide solutions that add value and achieve specific objectives, commitments and goals.
Whether you have a net-zero goal for your energy use by 2025, 2030 or 2050 or incremental carbon reduction goals, the team at Freedom Energy can work with you to help achieve your Scope 2 emissions requirements. Our recommendations include greater reliance on renewable energy sources to power your facilities, strategies for implementing efficient energy practices and a roadmap to help you get there.
Our Sustainable Energy Solutions
At Freedom Energy, we are dedicated to providing solutions that benefit both your company and the environment. Our sustainability services can be broken down into two categories — renewability and clean energy.
Our renewable energy solutions utilize sources that can naturally replenish themselves. These sustainable energy solutions for businesses in Massachusetts include:
- Net energy billing (NEB): With NEB, the utility can credit the participant’s electric bill, offsetting their cost through renewable energy resource output.
- Community solar: Clients can enroll in a community solar program to participate in local solar facilities, contributing to a green energy future with significant budget savings.
- Local hydropower: Freedom Energy collaborates with hydro asset companies to provide green energy for clients.
- Virtual net metering (VNM): Renewable generator clients may partner virtually with off-takers to sell their production at a default service rate.
- General information system (GIS) accounts: This system can track renewable certificates from generation and load supplied.
Clean energy solutions involve initiatives with zero-carbon energy sources. At Freedom Energy, we offer the following:
- Renewable Energy Certificates (REC): We can issue RECs when a renewable resource transfers one megawatt-hour (MWh) of renewable electricity from your facility to the grid.
- Green-e: This certified renewable energy and carbon offsets produced electricity with a superior environmental profile with no net increase in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Electric vehicle charging stations: We work alongside an established national partner to provide customized electric vehicle charging stations outside your facility.
- Fleet electrification: Freedom Energy encourages clients to transition from gas to electric vehicles using our fleet electrification services.
- Carbon reduction strategies: We can address your company’s environmental goals and help you save on energy with our carbon reduction strategies.
- Behind-The-Meter Generation consulting: Decrease your energy costs and increase your productivity with our behind-the-meter solar installation.
Connect With Us